Hollin Jones • 36 videos • 131 minutes •
FXpansion's amazing Tremor is one of the most earth-shaking virtual drum machines in your arsenal! Let world-class programmer Hollin Jones give you the lowdown on this one-of-a-kind instrument...
“Well thought out and well executed. This covers all aspects of Tremor. Hollin does an excellent job. It also helped me use the drum synthesis techniques with other gear. Most of all it jumped started ...”
“What a great course. This is the best drum synth I know of, and it's pretty intimidating to work on, but with this information you will be able to give the first steps with confidence and go beyond si...”
What make Tremor so cool is that it allows you to use 8 distinct sequencers, each with its own synthesis engine!Hollin guides you, step by step, through the creation of sounds and patterns in Tremor. He'll show all the ins and out of Tremor's interface and the unique way it approaches drum sequencing, as well as its super powerful modulation system, TransMod. Once you have a killer beat, you can go ever deeper: Tremor gives you envelopes, LFOs and FX section to further enhance and morph your sounds!
So get ready to go where no drum machine sequencer has gone before...with master programmer Hollin Jones as your guide. And while you're here, don't forget to check out all of the other killin' courses on DAWs, Soft-synths, and Recording in our ever-expanding library! Read More...
1Introduction to Tremor (01:24)Preview
- 2The Interface - Upper Section (02:20)
- 3The Interface - Lower Section (03:15)
- 4The Preferences (03:26)
- 5Loading and Swapping Kits & Patterns (04:03)
- 6A First Look at the Sequencer (02:50)
- 7Understanding Sequencer Input Modes (05:08)
- 8Working With the Sequencer Tools (03:28)
- 9Using Patterns and Slots (03:48)
- 10How to Make a Beat - the Basics (05:42)
11Polyrhythm in the Sequencer (03:17)Preview
- 12Getting Creative With Beat Programming (02:13)
- 13Looking at the Kit Mixer (03:56)
- 14The Oscillator (05:44)
- 15Noise and the Synth Mixer (02:58)
- 16Filtering and Drive (03:53)
- 17Fast Envelopes (02:36)
- 18Amp Envelopes (02:04)
- 19Graphs in Tremor (04:23)
- 20Using Graphs to Animate Sounds (04:00)
- 21Advanced Graph Control (04:48)
- 22Effects - the Basics (02:26)
23Using Effects Chains (04:16)Preview
- 24TransMod - the Basics (04:43)
- 25Assigning Multiple Parameters (02:41)
- 26Using TransMod With Effects (04:24)
- 27Understanding Macro Controls (02:38)
- 28Build a Kick Drum (05:39)
- 29Creating a Snare (05:39)
- 30Building a Hi-Hat (03:44)
- 31Synth Design - Part 1 (03:55)
- 32Synth Design - Part 2 (03:08)
- 33Using Tremor in Your DAW (04:05)
- 34Using Multiple Outputs with Tremor (04:15)
- 35Automating Tremor in Your DAW (02:41)
- 36Wrap-up (00:57)
Well thought out and well executed. This covers all aspects of Tremor. Hollin does an excellent job. It also helped me use the drum synthesis techniques with other gear. Most of all it jumped started creative ideas with Tremor. Well done.
What a great course. This is the best drum synth I know of, and it's pretty intimidating to work on, but with this information you will be able to give the first steps with confidence and go beyond simple things. Every time I use it I'm surprised by what it can do, and with this course you will be able too.
Straight to the point, describing all functions inside Tremor as well as covering some tips about creating kick drums, snares and hi-hats with the plugin. Reading the Tremor manual is generally enough but this visual approach let´s you grasp all functions a lot faster. Recommended!
This is a wonderful drum machine and this tutorial opens the mind into advanced sound synthesis that one can obtain using Tremor. Highly recommended Tutorial!
I really like this drum system, it gets back to the roots of simple and fun hardware style layouts. Hollin has a very natural and listenable teaching style. I quite like how the poly-rhythms work. I am excited to use these new techniques to add some random playback pattern without having to change the original pattern. Cool tutorial.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1093 Courses
- Download Single Course