Sample Pack Creation 101
Designing and Marketing Sample Packs
Adam Pollard • 25 videos • 98 minutes • No reviews
Creating and selling your own sample packs is a great way to earn extra income. It’s also a very good promotional tool to get your name out there, and a lot of fun. But how do you do it? Join sound designer Adam Pollard (aka Multiplier) in this course, and get tons of tips to get you on the right track!
In these tutorials, you learn everything from creative workflows and organizational tips to technical considerations, such as file formats, normalization, file naming conventions, metadata, creating perfect loops, etc. Adam also dives into the marketing and business side of things, where you learn about public domain, self distributing versus releasing through a label, EULAs, and more. In short, you discover how to create great loop packs, and how to monetize your hard work.
So join sound designer Adam Pollard in this course full of inside knowledge, and start to create and sell your own sample packs! Read More...
1Course Overview (00:50)Preview
- 2Iterative Workflow (05:10)
- 3Generative Workflow (03:08)
- 4Batch Renaming (03:56)
- 5Creating Ableton Racks/Projects/Packs (02:59)
- 6Creating 'How to' PDF/Text Files (05:19)
- 7Efficiency (05:49)
- 8File Formats (06:37)
- 9Dithering (06:14)
- 10More on Dithering (02:34)
- 11File Naming Conventions (05:35)
- 12Metadata (03:56)
- 13Fades (04:44)
- 14Normalization (06:54)
15Loops Using Time-Based Effects (04:46)Preview
- 16Dry vs Wet (05:00)
- 17Hidden MIDI Information (03:23)
- 18MIDI Envelopes Problems (03:50)
- 19Synth Macros (04:39)
- 21Self-Distribution vs Labels (02:06)
- 22'White labelling' (00:42)
- 23How to Pitch Packs to Labels (02:00)
- 24EULAs and Working From Other People's Samples (01:39)
- 25Public Domain (00:58)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1133 Courses
- Download Single Course