Reason 7 107
Beat Design Basics
Mo Volans • 33 videos • 153 minutes •
Making solid beats is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. In this 33-video collection you’ll work up a good sweat, as you develop a strong foundation in the art and science of building beats in Reason...
“Easy to follow and understand without this course i would still be going round in circles instead of advancing to the next level in music production. This clearly the best investment to learn how t...”
— Chris f
“I really enjoyed this course. You will get a lot of tricks that could be done within Reason and you'll get at the same time ideas for getting new sounds. Very well done!”
From there, you’ll discover the vast collection of sounds and kits included with Reason. This is where you’ll learn how to mix and match a huge arsenal of explosive percussion loops to help you build killer beat tracks. Physical modeling, time-stretching, editing, and mangling is what Mo plays with next. And let's not forget the all-important Rex files that make Reason 6 the world’s premier beat-making machine!
The final section is all about finalizing. Mo takes you on a routing and mixing journey. This is where you’ll learn to harness the power of Reason’s compressors, EQs reverbs, delays and distortion FX to add that professional final sheen and shimmer to your beat-making madness.
So if you want to learn everything about beat making - from the very basics to the advanced techniques - join Mo Volans on this 33-video adventure and boost up the energy of your electronic beats!
Check out the world's largest collection of Reason tutorials right here!
This course, originally created in an earlier version of Reason, is forward-compatible with the most recent version.
We have the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price! Read More...
1Why Choose Reason? (02:27)Preview
- 2What We’ll Be Covering Here (04:54)
- 3What You’ll Need (02:26)
- 4Setting Up Your Keyboard (03:34)
- 5Using the Sequencer (08:03)
- 6Step Programming With the Redrum (06:30)
- 7Triggering Devices With the Redrum (05:14)
- 8Introducing the Re-Groove Mixer (04:12)
- 9Adding Groove to Step-based Patterns (03:44)
- 10Creating Simple Variations and Fills (05:07)
- 11Using Factory and Custom Sounds (05:10)
- 12Kong’s Analog and Physical Modeling (05:17)
- 13A Note on Reason’s Samplers (03:18)
14Building Your Own Kits (04:30)Preview
- 15Using Raw Audio Drum Hits (02:58)
- 16Time Stretching and Loops (07:43)
- 17Making Your Own Rex Files (06:25)
- 18Introducing Dr.Octorex (03:39)
- 19Editing and Mangling in the Octorex (08:00)
- 20A Note on Rex Based MIDI Data (02:07)
- 21Meet the Reason Console (02:58)
- 22the Dynamics and EQ Sections (07:26)
- 23Separate Out and Mix Channels (03:48)
24Routing and Using Sub Mixers (02:52)Preview
- 25Headroom and Metering Tips (02:46)
- 26Mclass Compressor Basics (06:12)
- 27Corrective Compression and Limiting (04:51)
- 28EQ and Filtering (06:14)
- 29Creating Drum Groups and Busses (04:25)
- 30Tape Compression and Saturation (03:13)
- 31Using Reverb With Your Drums (04:30)
- 32Echo and Delay (03:58)
- 33Distortion and Destruction (04:08)
Easy to follow and understand without this course i would still be going round in circles instead of advancing to the next level in music production. This clearly the best investment to learn how to use reason . Watching and trying to learn there is no where near joining ask video and learning properly instead of guessing.
I really enjoyed this course. You will get a lot of tricks that could be done within Reason and you'll get at the same time ideas for getting new sounds. Very well done!
As it turns out there wasn’t much in this video that I didn’t already know. Nonetheless, I did pick up a few new ideas and learn a couple of new tricks. That being said, I still give it four stars. If your skill level and knowledge is less than mine you will learn a lot from this video.
Very well presented. Easy to follow & practical. I a looking for more advanced videos on Beat Design in the context of a specific song
Very useful. Lots of good info on beatmaking plus tons of tips and shortcuts in Reason you may never find on your own.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1137 Courses
- Download Single Course