Live 9 404
Producing Techno and House
Noah Pred • 38 videos • 222 minutes •
Join producer and Certified Trainer Noah Pred on a production journey as he creates a House & Techno track from start to finish in just two hours with Live 9! Come along for the ride...
Looking at the new Audio to MIDI conversion tools and Ableton's deceptively powerful MIDI Effects, you learn how to generate new musical ideas out of thin air and then edit them like a pro with an in-depth look at Live's Audio and MIDI clip capabilities.
There are all kinds of crazy tips and tricks packed throughout the tutorial as Noah shows how to generate unique textures and hypnotic polyrhythms. You see how to create potent dynamic changes for stale loops and give them all unique swing timing with the Groove Pool – all non-destructively!
Once you've got enough ideas ready in the fertile sketch pad of the Session view, Noah shows how to record them into the Arrange view with maximum efficiency. From there, you see Noah's advanced arrangement and automation tricks that are sure to give you all kinds of new creative ideas.
Next he takes you through his Automatic Track Method to get you through the process of completing your track. Finally, you see how to use Live's newest effect devices to get the most out of your mix to make it as clean and warm or as trashy as you like it.
Through it all, you'll gain insight as to the motivation and discipline behind a hard working producer: it's one thing to jam out in the studio, but seeing your ideas through to a finished track is a whole other game.
Here’s a link to the finished track:
Be sure to watch all of the tutorials in our ever-expanding library of Live 9 and Push courses.
1Configuring Your Default Template (04:44)Preview
- 2Creating Default Tracks (02:23)
- 3Using the Browser (04:24)
- 4Choosing Your Sounds (06:55)
- 5Converting Drums to MIDI (04:41)
- 6Converting Audio to MIDI Melody (02:50)
- 7Converting Audio to MIDI Harmony (06:20)
- 8New Material From MIDI Effects (06:28)
- 9Recording Audio Clips (04:02)
- 10Recording MIDI Clips (04:53)
- 11Writing MIDI Drum Clips (07:44)
- 12Advanced MIDI Editing (03:13)
- 13Capturing Textures Via Returns (04:25)
- 14Hypnosis Via Polyrhythm (04:13)
- 15Recording Session Automation (04:35)
16Sound Design With Clip Envelopes (06:22)Preview
- 17Adding Swing With the Groove Pool (04:17)
- 18Using 3rd Party Plug-Ins (04:16)
- 19Configuring Scenes to Record (16:39)
- 20Assigning MIDI for Live Control (02:53)
- 21Recording Your Sketch to the Arrange View (09:49)
- 22Configuring the Arrange View for Editing (06:26)
- 23Automating Your Arrangement (12:46)
- 24Split and Consolidate Editing (09:22)
- 25Freezing and Flattening (07:07)
- 26Transition Removal Edits (08:16)
- 27Adding One Shot FX (09:41)
- 28Clip Deactivation (00:58)
- 29Automating Return Effect Parameters (04:33)
- 30Part Exit Dubs (01:58)
31Basic Headroom and Levels (03:49)Preview
- 32Bus Processing Compression, Saturation and EQ (11:15)
- 33Manual Compression (02:23)
- 34Expanding the Stereo Field (07:33)
- 35Adding Depth and Fixing Returns (01:24)
- 36Preparing Your Master Channel (05:41)
- 37Final Global Preparations (03:33)
- 38Polishing and Exporting Your Finished Track (08:40)
It was so cool to learn a lot of things in this course! Thank you very much!
Very useful and well-paced course that I will be coming back to again and again
It is a very good video, he explain a bit fast and he don´t reveal at all his production tricks, but nobody reveals his own production tricks, each one must to find they own way in creation, but the video is nice and helps to better know Ableton
Excellent course. Noah Pred is a great teacher. This is one of the best courses you can take on how to use Ableton live.
Great course. Very well dtailed. Offers a great methodology to build traks.
Excellent course. I have picked so many tips on using Ableton it's untrue. Nice one Noah.
Great Stuff, Covers lots of subjects to get your production sounding it's best My only dislike is the track does not sound like traditional techno you would hear at a club Still Great Teaching
I really enjoy learning :) everyday day by day, I hope you can expline more about the Follow action with more examples of that (sorry my bad english) tnx for all!
A great guide to making a track from start to finish that could be used as a template for any genre. Picked up a lot of nice tips on more advanced sound design and mixing down too - Thanks Noah!
Some great tips on workflow and little tricks to make things easier whilst working n ableton, nice way to develop a tune
This tutorial is masterful. A great overview and yet detailed… hot stuff.
This was fantastic. I learned a lot watching this start to finish. Not just how to use live, but also how tracks are produced. Very well done and certainly worth the time to watch.
Thanks Noah, I really learned a lot from your tutorial. This will make my own songs sound better. And by creating some presets/templates it will safe a lot of time. Very good course, man!
Noah, thank you, this was a great course! Any chance you can send your default Live layout? A.K.A. Maaagiicccc! Thx.
I have been using Ableton Live since version 6 and I still found this course to be very informative. It is always amazing to see how many different ways there are to do the same tasks in Ableton.
Another fantastic tutorial,this time by by Noah An in depth look at making and producing a techno/house track,covering all the new features,tips and techniques.Way to many to mention!! He,he Although I'm a hobbyist musician( I guess that's a good way to describe myself)Ha,ha!!And produce ambient music, of all sorts, and not house or techno. The ideas,techniques etc,are very easily transferable to all kinds of music. I cannot wait ,to try out these techniques,and ideas.Even the use of indicators,is a great idea!!Something I overlooked,and not used,until now!! When I'm not working I shall be spending more spare time learning, exploring and making new music with these newly found skills And of course,coming back for more,ha,ha Well done Noah,great job!!
In a word...Incredible!!!...I watch the video two to three times because of the inspiring ideas....I never would have thought where possible. Wow...
Great and new ideas Noah. Very inspiring! Subtle but effective techniques with this incredible software. Thx Mac Pro Video.....
Fantastic course! Excellent use of the Live 9 new features plus interesting techniques and tips from a talented producer.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1147 Courses
- Download Single Course