Performing with Live 202
From Studio to Stage
DJ Kiva • 21 videos • 77 minutes •
Ableton Live is so much more than a studio tool… it’s the perfect software for live music performers. In this course, DJ Kiva reveals everything you need to know to to bring your music from the studio to the stage!
“One of the best courses I've taken on here, because it was so concise and a relatively short tutorial for how useful it is. Very clear and efficient, awesome instructor. The only thing I wanted to kn...”
“Nice video series, short and to the point. DJ Kiva has a great on screen personality.”
The course starts by looking at the essential gear you need for "live" performance, and how to set it up for maximum flexibility on the stage. Next, Kiva shows you step by step how to create the ultimate live performance template. You learn everything about exporting audio stems, file organization, warping, custom MIDI mapping, using effects in a live context, navigating a large Live set on the stage, and a lot more… The course wraps up with a collection of rehearsal tips, and a live demo by DJ Kiva on guitar.
So what are you waiting for? Watch this info-packed course and get ready to shine with Ableton Live under the hot lights of the stage! Read More...
1Welcome and Intro (01:48)Preview
- 2Equipment Requirements (01:08)
3Equipment Set Up (04:56)Preview
4Discussion of Performance Approaches (03:19)Preview
- 5Organizing Session for Stems (04:44)
- 6Mastering vs. Stems (01:50)
- 7Creating Stems (04:56)
- 8File Management (02:52)
- 9Building Performance Template (02:33)
- 10Custom MIDI Mapping (04:21)
- 11Warping Preferences (01:34)
- 12Importing and Warping Stems (04:11)
- 13Adding Mastering Rack (04:04)
- 14Adding FX Send and Returns (04:41)
- 15Song Scenes and Tempo Changes (04:11)
- 16Creating Scenes for Song Sections (05:24)
- 17Changing Scenes using Hands (02:38)
- 18Changing Scenes using Foot Controller (06:54)
- 19Tips for Rehearsals and Shows (03:33)
- 20Demonstration (02:56)
- 21Summary and Conclusion (03:46)
One of the best courses I've taken on here, because it was so concise and a relatively short tutorial for how useful it is. Very clear and efficient, awesome instructor. The only thing I wanted to know was how to route the click to the drummer live in a performance setting with live drums and tracks.
Nice video series, short and to the point. DJ Kiva has a great on screen personality.
Very clear, straight to the point explanations, delivered at a perfect pace in an entertaining way. Good job! I really enjoyed it!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1105 Courses
- Download Single Course