Native Instruments 216
Traktor DJ For iPad
Hollin Jones • 32 videos • 117 minutes •
It’s just you up there, entertaining the masses... with just your iPad! That’s how powerful Native Instruments’ Traktor DJ for iPad really is! Join Hollin Jones in this 32 tutorial course where he explains every feature of this surprisingly deep DJ app from NI...
“Excellent primer on Traktor DJ... Clear and includes plenty of practical examples. I also appreciated the inclusion of several basic DJ'ing tips. Thanks!”
“Great course overall. One thing that seems missing is the explanation of the Y (vertical) parameter when using the effectspad. I think this is called dry/wet ratio? Only the horizontal (x) parameter...”
In this course you learn every detail of this app from its two deck design to its amazing touch gesture controls. See how to loop, scratch, beat match, beat mash, slice, dice and apply all kinds of FX in realtime. Then put it all together and record your performance then bring it into Traktor Pro or share it with the world on SoundCloud. It’s an amazing musical world out there!
So dig into this awesome course and get a DJ education that you can start using right away... with just an iPad! Read More...
1Welcome to Traktor Dj for iPad (04:24)Preview
- 2the Preferences (03:25)
- 3Getting Audio out of Traktor Dj (05:03)
- 4Understanding iTunes Match (02:47)
- 5Loading Tracks (03:36)
- 6Playing Back Tracks (04:49)
- 7Understanding the Master Tempo (03:23)
- 8Zooming and Pinching to Navigate (04:27)
- 9Building and Naming Playlists (04:31)
- 10Using Suggested Tracks (03:08)
11Understanding Beat Matching (04:13)Preview
- 12Editing a Beat Grid (03:31)
- 13Using Tap Tempo for Beat Matching (01:46)
- 14Understanding Looping (03:14)
- 15Triggering a Frozen Loop (03:53)
- 16Using Hot Cues and Markers (04:12)
- 17Triggering a Frozen Track (02:19)
- 18Triggering Slices During Playback (01:59)
- 19An Overview of Traktor's Effects (02:56)
- 20Practical Beatmashing (04:30)
- 21Using the Full Effects Suite (02:35)
- 22Understanding EQ and Filtering (03:41)
- 23EQ: A Practical Demonstration (02:34)
24FX and Looping (04:28)Preview
- 25How to Work With Non-matching Tracks (05:03)
- 26Incorporating Your Own Loops (03:51)
- 27Performing Electronic DJ-ing (05:53)
- 28Performing Hip Hop DJ-ing (04:32)
- 29Recording Your Performance (04:47)
- 30Uploading a Set to the Web (02:56)
- 31Syncing With Your Mac or PC via Dropbox (02:33)
- 32Wrap-up (01:46)
Excellent primer on Traktor DJ... Clear and includes plenty of practical examples. I also appreciated the inclusion of several basic DJ'ing tips. Thanks!
Great course overall. One thing that seems missing is the explanation of the Y (vertical) parameter when using the effectspad. I think this is called dry/wet ratio? Only the horizontal (x) parameter is being explained but both parameters are used in the demos that are incorporated into this course.
A good set of tutorials covering all the features and giving examples of use.
Good overview of Traktor DJ for iPad. Covers all the settings, options, features, etc. A few live examples to see how it all fits together. Also, covers integration with Traktor Pro and SoundCloud.
Another very informative video course from macPro. Now I really understand Traktor DJ For iPad is really an effective dj tool.
Yet Another Great Edition to the Mac Pro Website, Great Tutorial
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1100 Courses
- Download Single Course