Moog Sub 37 101
Master the Moog
Matt Vanacoro • 39 videos • 116 minutes •
The Moog Sub 37, built on the Sub Phatty sound engine, is a powerful synth. Learn every detail of this gritty little Moog as explained by keyboardist and trainer Matt Vanacoro. It’s your Sub 37 video user manual!
“Great Course! There are couple of things missing that came with the last update to Sub37's OS but this coure has a really good walk-through all the things needed to get you going designing your own so...”
“I saw the Sub 37 in a local music store and i was really blown away and to see a really in depth explanation here at mpv sweetens the experience a lot. explanation is simple enough and all the tweakin...”
From there, you dive into full-blown synthesis as Matt explains the oscillators, the classic Moog filters, the mixer, the amp envelope and everything in-between. Next, you see how to modulate, arpeggiate, automate and get into some deep sound design as Matt creates some soaring leads and bottom-shaking bass.
So if you’re into synthesis, this course is for you. If want to learn how the the Moog Sub 37 works, you’ll find that this course is the ultimate Sub 37 user's guide. So dive in and learn how to master that Moog sound in this collection of 39 step-by-step video tutorials by Matt Vanacoro! Read More...
1Introduction & Rundown (02:00)Preview
- 2Ins & Outs (02:10)
- 3Starting Up & Configuration (04:52)
- 4Volume, Headphones & USB (01:19)
- 5Bank & Presets (02:00)
- 6Category Lock (01:30)
- 7Saving a Preset (02:34)
- 8Comparing Presets (02:15)
- 9Preset vs. Panel Mode (02:05)
- 10Arpeggiator Intro (02:12)
- 11Glide (04:12)
- 12The Default Preset (02:37)
13Oscillator Options (04:13)Preview
- 14Sound Source Mixer (03:16)
- 15Oscillator Sync & KB Reset (01:47)
- 16Subtractive Synthesis (02:03)
- 17Filter Cutoff & Resonance (02:49)
- 18Slope & Keyboard Tracking (04:00)
- 19Amplifier Envelope (04:00)
- 20Amp Envelope Triggering (03:21)
- 21Amp Envelope Alt. Controls (03:32)
- 22Filter Envelope (04:39)
- 23Modulation Overview (01:15)
- 24Modulating Pitch & Filter (03:53)
- 25Modulating Other Parameters (03:37)
- 26LFO Options (04:34)
- 27Assigning Controls to a Modulation Bus (05:08)
- 28Modulating With Pedals (03:08)
29Arpeggiator In-depth (04:13)Preview
- 30Recording a Step Sequence (02:21)
- 31Step Edit Mode (02:53)
- 32Rotating the Pattern (01:51)
- 33Using Multiple Pages (02:13)
- 34Bottom-Shaking Basses (03:12)
- 35Soaring Leads (03:42)
- 36Duophonic Inversion & Pads (03:15)
- 37Filtering Live Audio (03:12)
- 38MIDI Menu Options (01:21)
- 39Final Tips & Thoughts (02:01)
Great Course! There are couple of things missing that came with the last update to Sub37's OS but this coure has a really good walk-through all the things needed to get you going designing your own sounds. Highly recommended!
I saw the Sub 37 in a local music store and i was really blown away and to see a really in depth explanation here at mpv sweetens the experience a lot. explanation is simple enough and all the tweaking was nice to look at. thumbs up good work
Wow! I'm so glad I watched this. It really could not be any more clear and thorough. The teacher is spot on. Thank you!
Great course. I now understand the new envelope options, sequencer and modulation options within the sub 37. Instructor is very good and speaks at a good pace. Now makes me want to see more synth specific tutorials (e.g. DSI Pro 2, Roland SH101, Ensoniq ESQ1, etc). Keep up the good work!
I feel honored to be the first person to review this course. Thank you MacProVideo and Matt Vacaroro for putting out one the finest tutorials I have ever seen. Matt is easily the very best instructor I have seen on this site even though there are many excellent teachers. Of course, just my opinion. Matt was so easy to understand and follow along without any fluff at all. I am a 53 year old guitarist who recently bought my first synth which was the Moog. I love this beast but had no idea what I was doing nor how anything was laid out. That all changed today. It humbles me knowing very soon I will understand the main functionality of this synth by going through every single chapter again with my Moog turned on. . The section explaining the duophonic feature with examples was priceless as well as the arpeggiator and sequencer videos. Every single video was amazing. If you are a keyboard player, you will fly through this tutorial and Matt also gets into programming using display menu. This should be mandatory watching for anyone with a Moog sub 37 or any Moog because the concepts are the same. I hope you read this review Matt because you are the best. Thanks!! And yes, I will plug my guitar into her and use her as a big stompbox !!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1113 Courses
- Download Single Course