Mac OS X (10.8) 101
Francesco Schiavon • 36 videos • 115 minutes •
Mac OS X 10.8, “Mountain Lion” is Apple’s most advanced operating system to date! Let Mac OS expert, Francesco Schiavon, show you how to "tame" this powerful new OS and make it work for you!
“This tutorial was very helpful to me as I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. Francesco was very articulate with his presentation and thoroughly explained every new feature that would h...”
— Jimboy Edwards
“Just got a MacBook pro over the weekend. Great tutorial for beginners!”
— Don Jandro
Next, Francesco shows you how to keep track of all your important data and documents –like Address Book contacts and Calendar events– using iCloud. You’ll also see how to update only “once” and have this “new update” show up on all your iOS devices right away! From there, Francesco explains AirPlay Mirroring and how to share and mirror your Displays... including your Apple TV!
This 36-tutorial Mountain Lion course covers a multitude of subtler but equally important improvements like the new Scroll bars and enhanced background Save functions. And with Francesco's expert guidance you’ll soon tame all of this OS's various new features to help make your Mountain Lion experience productive, efficient and fun! Read More...
- 2Introduction - Creating a New Note (01:34)
- 3Editing Your Notes (01:41)
- 4Managing Note Folders (01:03)
- 5Saving Notes - iCloud (02:49)
- 6Messages (04:34)
- 7Notifications - An Explanation (02:47)
8Accessing Notifications via Gestures (00:58)Preview
- 9Notifications System Preferences - Alert Styles (05:41)
- 10Notifications System Preferences - Other options (03:28)
- 11Dictation System Preferences (02:21)
- 12How Dictation Works (03:36)
- 13Editorial Comment on Dictation (02:22)
- 14Dictation is not Voice Commands (03:11)
- 15Reminders (05:09)
- 16Sharing (03:37)
- 17Mail Contacts Calendar Notes Safari (04:49)
- 18Photo Stream Documents in the Cloud and iPhone Sett... (02:55)
- 19What are Documents in the Cloud (05:47)
- 20Opening and Saving Documents in the Cloud (03:43)
- 21iCloud File Management (03:20)
- 22Accessing Files in iCloud (02:47)
- 23AirPlay Mirroring Requirements (04:03)
- 24Enabling AirPlay Mirroring (02:28)
- 25Overscan Correction (02:05)
- 26Setting the Resolution (03:40)
27Audio Settings (00:41)Preview
- 28Contacts and Calendar (03:16)
- 29Folders and Search in Lauchpad and Dashboard (02:17)
- 30Dock Scrollbars and Progress Bars (05:36)
- 31Gatekeeper (04:50)
- 32Slideshow Screensavers (02:58)
- 33Close Windows When Quitting (02:45)
- 34""Ask to keep changes"" When Closing Documents (03:25)
- 35Time Machine - ""Multiple Disk"" and ""Encrypt"" (04:17)
- 36Conclusion (01:14)
This tutorial was very helpful to me as I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. Francesco was very articulate with his presentation and thoroughly explained every new feature that would have taken years to find out about on my own. Thanks macprovideo.com.
Just got a MacBook pro over the weekend. Great tutorial for beginners!
Excellent course. Very useful.
This was good for me. Mountain Lion is the first Mac OS I've used and this course has a lot of good info that wouldn't have been so obvious in just using the OS. Helpful.
I was a little disappointed I must say. Maybe because I am new to Mac and Francesco assumed that I already knew quote a bit regarding the apple os. I just thought it was too basic.
Francesco Schiavon is a renowned expert so this is a great tutorial to wrap your head around Apple's newest operating system!
overall very informative. new Mac users will appreciate this course.
Nice course about Mountain Lion, very useful for refresh memories!
A solid introduction to some of the new features of the OS, as a new mac owner I found it more easy to navigate as a result although most is self explanatory for the veteran computer user
As always, Francesco delivers a great course! Recommended to starters and advanced users too!
Good overview of the important changes in Mountain Lion. I'd like to see more in depth and advanced OS based tutorials, including services, automator, cli tools, etc.
I am a big fan of the MPV site as a whole. I try to log on every day and spend some time learning something new. Its great for harnessing new skills and strengthening your overall knowledge base. That being said, I think OS courses are a perfect way to stay up to date with all the new features (some of them being hidden) in these updates that seem to come quicker than we can handle. New operating systems seem to be released before the average user can even have had a good command over their previous OS. The only way to fight this is to log in, and have Francesco show you how to explore new tricks and hidden gems that come with each release. As always, I praise you macprovideo. I've turned so many people away from scrounging through Youtube videos and going straight to you for the answers and education to all their media/technology related struggles.
I have enjoyed Francesco's idvd tutorial, I was totally stuck, and it saved the day! Another very nice course. The pace was good, and fun to work through.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1133 Courses
- Download Single Course