Logic Pro X 206
Steve Horelick • 48 videos • 164 minutes •
The ES2 is the essential synthesis tool in any Logic user's audio arsenal. Introduced in Logic 7 and reborn in Logic Pro X - this tutorial exposes the ES2's deepest musical secrets.
“This course not only gave me a greater understanding of the ES2, but also helped me to grasp subtractive synthesis more than I already had previously learned. Very thorough and methodical teaching.”
“Knew nothing about the ES2 before starting this course. Good walk though into the nooks and crannies. I feel good about being able to program this synth now.”
This tutorial is as much a lesson in the theory of synthesis as it is an deep exploration of the ES2. Drawing on years of sound design experience, Steve shows you what subtractive , FM, and Pulse Width synthesis really is. As an incredible bonus, Steve demonstrates how these waves actually look using a digital oscilloscope, so you can see and hear the differences between these popular forms of synthesis.
Mixed into the tutorial are several bonus sound design workshops which show you how to build common sounds, from the ground up using the ES2's oscillators, filters and other audio functions. The ES2 is an incredible sound design tool, and the included workshops will not only show you what's possible, but also provide ideas and inspiration for producing your own sounds.
But best of all, this tutorial contains a deep exploration of Vector synthesis. Vector synthesis is a method of automating sounds to change over time, and it's a hidden treasure in the ES2 that almost nobody uses. With Vector Synthesis, you can truly define your sounds by making interesting and musical timbres that nobody has herd before. Vector synthesis is a sound designer's dream, and Steve H. shows exactly how it works in this tutorial. Read More...
1Suffering From Presetitus? (01:04)Preview
- 2ES2 Geography Lesson (03:27)
- 3Audio Signal Flow (04:02)
- 4Exploring The Routers (03:48)
- 5Looking At Waves (05:42)
- 6Adding Oscillator 2 & 3 (04:44)
- 7Using The Triangle (03:46)
- 8About Global Parameters (06:06)
- 9Legato Mode (01:47)
- 10CBD Mode (02:34)
- 11Using Tune & Bend (01:59)
- 12About FM Synthesis (05:03)
- 13Pulse Width Modulation (02:09)
- 14Digi Wave Modulation (03:01)
- 15Modulating Oscillator 2 (02:41)
- 16Adding Oscillator 3 (03:08)
- 17Sound Workshop 1 (05:58)
- 18Filter Flow Part 1 (06:40)
- 19Filter Flow Part 2 (07:33)
20Filter Modes Part 1 (04:26)Preview
- 21Filter Modes Part 2 (03:27)
- 22Sound Workshop 2 (07:05)
- 23Using Filter Chains (01:36)
- 24Reseting Filters (01:46)
- 25The Big One! (01:04)
- 26Distortion WorkShop (03:49)
27Using The X-Y Pad (03:07)Preview
- 28LFO Overview (04:00)
- 29Envelopes Overview (04:52)
- 30Envelope 3 Workshop (07:28)
- 31Side Chain Routing (08:32)
- 32Aboard The SS Vector (01:12)
- 33Vector Geography (02:11)
- 34Vector Targets (01:42)
- 35Vector Timeline (03:14)
- 36Sustain & Loop Modes (01:36)
- 37Vector Loop Modes (02:29)
- 38Vector Loop Count (01:38)
- 39Vector Envelopes Part 1 (02:06)
- 40Vector Envelopes Part 2 (01:58)
- 41Using Curves (01:11)
- 42Preserving The length (01:05)
- 43Adding Vector Points (01:26)
- 44Vector Context Menu (01:58)
- 45Vector Global Time (02:06)
- 46Vector Workshop (05:43)
- 47The Randomizer (04:03)
- 48Using Macro Mode (01:20)
This course not only gave me a greater understanding of the ES2, but also helped me to grasp subtractive synthesis more than I already had previously learned. Very thorough and methodical teaching.
Knew nothing about the ES2 before starting this course. Good walk though into the nooks and crannies. I feel good about being able to program this synth now.
Superb. The ES2 is a very powerful synth but it has a lot of functionality that's not obvious from the interface (and some that is well hidden). This course exposes everything. I really liked both the pace and the level. However I recommend taking the course twice - there is a lot of good material here.
The most amazing and complete course about ES2 that I´ve seen. It's one of those that you must watch several times to take full advanage of all the information that is given.
Steve H demonstrates the features and functionality of Logic Pro's powerful ES@ in this really interesting course. Definitely worth the watch for any Logic Pro user! I really want some of Igor's presets lol
Learned the ES2 inside out with this tutorial. Instructor was entertaining and great at deconstructing complicated topics. I will have to watch again because of the ES2's complexity, but look forward to doing so. Besides a few very-welcomed jokes to brighten up the dense material, this tutorial cuts to the chase.
Great course covering everything about the ES2.. The quality of the video resolution was a little bit lower than usual; it seems to be an older course. Excellent quality instruction and information, however!
Awesome tutorial. Steve H. is an ace on teaching. Full of the usual silly jokes, but teaches everything you need to know about the EX2. Amazing Synth.
As usual, Steve gets into pretty much everything you need to know to use the ES2 effectively.
An excellent course on ES2. It covers every aspect of this wonderful synth; and the course reveals some amazing features I missed in the past.
Another Master Class - This will map the ES2 into your brain. Exactly what you need if, like me, you want to start programming but cannot link the app flow without a little help :). You will also be introduced into Routing and Mapping, which, will enable you to create the personal, funky and very interesting sounds which we all hope to find in presets ;). Happy Programming all.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1123 Courses
- Download Single Course