Live 9 102
Recording Audio and Audio Effects
Bill Burgess • 27 videos • 164 minutes •
There's an old audio saying: Garbage in, garbage out. Trash is cool, but sometimes you want that pristine, clean, pure and undistorted audio. This course, by the irrepressible sound artist Bill Burgess, explains the process of how audio is best recorded, resampled and effected in Ableton Live.
“This tutorial needs to not assume that the listener already knows how to set up your project the same way you did. Please allow time for the trainer to explain how they set up the project before divin...”
“Excellent tutorial! Helps to go deeper in the use of audio recording tools & audio effects To highlight: "Set Up Driver Error Compensation"; Techniques of Re-Recording Audio & Side Chain Theme.”
You start with the fundamentals. Sample rate, latency, bit depth and gain staging. These are the essential ingredients of well-recorded audio. From there, Bill dives right into recording. You learn to record single and multiple tracks. Then Bill shows you punching and loop recording techniques that he has perfected as a longtime user of Live.
Next up is a collection of tutorials that dive even deeper into the recording process. Bill shares his advanced techniques of rerecording and resampling audio, MIDI and device chains to create your own library of power-user clips. This course concludes with some "don't miss" audio effect tools that'll take your tracks to a whole new level.
It's time to kick back and learn how to make your audio cut through the clutter with these deep tips straight from the creative mind of Bill Burgess. Read More...
1Setting Up Audio Interfaces (07:18)Preview
- 2Sample Rate & Bit Depth (04:52)
- 3Optimize Buffer Size & Latency (03:08)
- 4Gain Staging: Getting Clean Levels (06:28)
- 511 Things That Adversely Affect Audio Quality (10:17)
- 6Using The Metronome to Count-In (03:16)
- 7Recording Multiple Tracks (07:02)
8Where Recordings Are Stored (03:45)Preview
- 9Record Multiple Takes with Loop Recording (04:51)
- 10Punching In & Out (03:36)
- 11Recording With Effects (03:31)
- 12Optimizing Results With Headphone Mixes (09:52)
- 13Record Into Session Slots (09:30)
- 14Record Using a Control Surface (04:40)
- 15 Record Using Key Commands (04:17)
- 16Record Using an Apple Remote or iOS Device (04:58)
- 17"Loop Recording Using Looper" (08:48)
- 18Set Up Driver Error Compensation (03:56)
19Audio Routing & Resampling (05:07)Preview
- 20Re-Recording Audio & MIDI Effects (06:52)
- 21Re-Recording Device Chains (04:52)
- 22Using External Audio Equipment (04:07)
- 23The Hidden World of Side Chaining (10:37)
- 24Learning How to Listen (08:46)
- 25EQ 8 & Spectrum (07:11)
This tutorial needs to not assume that the listener already knows how to set up your project the same way you did. Please allow time for the trainer to explain how they set up the project before diving into it. I felt I was lost.
Excellent tutorial! Helps to go deeper in the use of audio recording tools & audio effects To highlight: "Set Up Driver Error Compensation"; Techniques of Re-Recording Audio & Side Chain Theme.
great!..very appreciative..learning alot.thank you askvideo for providing these beautiful stuffs..all of the courses are worth to invest in...better than outside fake institutions
Bill is hilarious! I have never laughed so hard while watching a tutorial. Good info and fun at the same time. I hope This is just Bill :-) You uncles pedal rig in gain staging is classic. Good info and tips that gets looked over often.
This course is very good, Bill explains clearly the basics of recording in Ableton and a lot more, he gives you a bunch of tips. If you want to become a better producer and mixing engineer, I'd definitely recommend this course.
I find this course very good because it teaches a lot about MIDI Recording and Effects!
Wasn't really sure what to expect so maybe this courses contents was suitable for me. So my opinion is pretty neutral.
Great course on audio recording. Easily one of the must watch in orde to become a better sound engineer.
Bill is my fave teacher because he begins from the bottom up & covers not only the HOW but the WHY of production techniques. Delivered with great taste, warmth, and true individuality. Cheers Bill!
Excellent course!! An essential collection of tips and tricks for any Ableton user!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1046 Courses
- Download Single Course