Live 9 410
Looping With Live
DJ Kiva • 20 videos • 89 minutes •
With live looping, it's possible to create a full arrangement in real time, right in front of your audience or in the studio. In this course, Ableton Certified trainer DJ Kiva reveals everything you need to know to become your own one-man band using Ableton Live!
“Just finished the course. I've been looking for a long time for instruction on how to take this stuff into a live context, and this course was exactly what I was needing. It's very basic, and not very...”
— Kyle Walker
“KIVA IS A NINJA WHEN IT COMES TO THE COOLEST ABLETON TECHNIQUES ”
First, DJ Kiva gives an overview of the required equipment and explains how to set it up for live performance. Next, he explains all about MIDI looping. Watch as he builds a funky arrangement, complete with beats, piano, bass and melodies. Then, Kiva covers the art of audio looping, where you learn how to set up Ableton Live for optimum audio performance, how to enhance your tracks with effects, how to use the Looper device in Live, how to free up your hands using foot switches, and a lot more. After watching this course, you will be able to build an entire piece of music, layer by layer!
So join DJ Kiva in this practical performance-driven course, and start building your own loop-based musical creations! Get ready to loop ... loop ... loop ... Read More...
2Equipment Requirements (02:34)Preview
- 3Equipment Set Up (04:44)
4Intro to MIDI Looping (03:24)Preview
- 5Setting Tempo and Metronome (03:49)
- 6Working with Quantization (05:29)
- 7Multi Track MIDI Looping (04:39)
- 8MIDI Looping - Demo and Tips (07:43)
- 9Intro to Audio Looping (04:35)
- 10Latency and Audio Quantization (04:44)
- 11Multi Track Audio Looping (04:20)
- 12Audio Looping with Effects (04:41)
- 13Audio Looping - Demo and Tips (06:33)
- 14Looper Introduction and Set Up (02:29)
- 15Overview of Controls (03:45)
- 16Basic Operation (04:09)
- 17Advanced Features (06:58)
- 18Alternative Controllers (04:57)
- 19Putting it All Together - Demo and Tips (03:33)
- 20Summary and Conclusion (04:25)
Just finished the course. I've been looking for a long time for instruction on how to take this stuff into a live context, and this course was exactly what I was needing. It's very basic, and not very long, but it gives you everything you need to get started building songs from scratch in a live setting.
KIVA IS A NINJA WHEN IT COMES TO THE COOLEST ABLETON TECHNIQUES
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1113 Courses
- Download Single Course