Live 9 105
Bill Burgess • 38 videos • 259 minutes •
This course could be called: "Get All The Deepest Super-cool Ableton Live Arranging Tips Ever Assembled!" Seriously, this course – by Bill Burgess – will rock your Ableton Live 9 world!
Status: Available | Released: Oct 17th, 2013Bill Burgess’ Ableton Live knowledge is deep. His creative approach to music and arranging reminds us that with a little effort, we can expand our knowledge-base and apply more and more unconventional arranging techniques to our own music making. In this course, he shares his visionary techniques to inspire us to dig even deeper into our Ableton Live compositional toolboxes.
In his humorous and offbeat manner, Bill takes us on a journey through Live’s standard and more
innovative arranging techniques. This awesome journey sparks our creativity and encourages us to explore our sonic imaginations. By watching this course, you get the chance to see how a master arranger/producer deploys the power of Ableton Live. As a result, this will help propel your music making craft to new and revolutionary heights!
So sit back and get ready to accelerate your arranging skills with Bill Burgess and Ableton Live. Read More...
1Arrangement Quick Start (07:03)Preview
- 2Window Navigation (07:01)
- 3The Transport (04:44)
- 4The Grid For Song Form (03:43)
- 5The Loop Brace (05:25)
- 6Track Navigation (10:21)
- 7Locators & Info Text (04:28)
- 8Changing Time Signatures (03:54)
- 9Splitting Clips (02:25)
- 10Clip & Cross Fades (06:51)
- 11Consolidating Clips (08:09)
- 12Slipping Clips (06:04)
- 13Consolidating to Scenes (03:50)
- 14Recording Variations (03:44)
- 15Three Ways to Update Clips (06:27)
- 16Cut & Paste Tricks (09:22)
- 17Time Based Cut & Paste Commands (02:35)
- 18Editing Automation (07:55)
19Building Rhythmic Riser Patterns (05:33)Preview
- 20MIDI Based Pitch Bend Risers (05:39)
- 21Recording Clip Based Automation (04:19)
- 22Over Dubbing Clip Automation (04:47)
- 23Building Tension Using Modulation (07:51)
- 24Transferring Automation Between Clips (03:45)
- 25Mapping Third Party Plugins (05:53)
- 26Un-Linking; Live’s Best Kept Secret (14:38)
27Working The Deep Side of Automation (04:19)Preview
- 28Optimize Your Disk & CPU (10:21)
- 29Creating Balance & Cohesion With Groups (08:53)
- 30Correcting Phase Problems With Utility (04:51)
- 31Correcting Frequency Overlap With Spectrum & EQ8 Au... (09:15)
- 32Creating Wider Tracks Using LR Mode (04:59)
- 33Creating a Sense of Depth & Space (10:21)
- 34Adding a Sense of Place With Grit & Grime (06:51)
- 35Pre-Mastering, Noise Shaping and Dithering (10:38)
- 36Creating "Mastered for iTunes" Mixes (13:08)
- 37Keeping Track of Project Files & Live Packs (09:02)
- 38Working With Video (09:06)
Aug 12, 2015
Absolutely loving this course (in fact this series). I can feel myself gaining in confidence with each video. Thanks!
Feb 16, 2015
Bill does explain this course in great detail! I personally have learned a great deal!
Dec 31, 2014
This course is packed full of tips and info that will take you to the next level as an Ableton user - no matter what your skill level. Bill conveys the information in a logical and clear manner. 10/10!
Jul 27, 2014
There's stuff you'd learn on here, you won't find or learn anywhere else. I'm ready to take this knowledge and make music.
Mar 31, 2014
Ace set of tutorials, funny and informative. I have learned loads of stuff watching these..... cheers Bill
Dec 1, 2013
Great set of tutorials. Mr. Burgess is knowledgeable and hilarious. In fact he's probably the reason I subscribed to AskVideo. He's got a great perspective on working with Live, and I learned a lot. Cheers, all!
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent course!! In-Depth overview of how to effectively arrange sounds and samples in Live, as well as lots of tricks and tips including working with video!
Nov 4, 2013
Bill's satirical approach is entertaining adds a cool edge to his tutorials, I find Bills tutorials to be like an encyclopedia of information.
Oct 22, 2013
Once again, Bill delivers a power-packed series not only on Arrangement tools, but also on various ways to make your tracks sound more interesting/rich/complex/deep. His stuff always sounds awesome
Oct 19, 2013
Another excellent tutorial by Bill With his unique approach and great humour,and amazing in-depth knowledge,and lots of tips and tricks along the way,to show you. Bill takes you on a journey,that will have you coming back for more,ha,ha Well done Bill
Oct 17, 2013
Once again Mr Bill Burgess takes us on a Marvelous Ableton live 9 journey by directing our attention to all the wonderful sonic wonders, while always stopping for yummy snacks along the way :)
-Mac Pro Rocker
Know someone that needs this training?
Send a personalized note and tell them about this course.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1132 Courses
- Download Single Course