Live 9 403
Max For Live Advanced
Rishabh Rajan • 28 videos • 124 minutes •
Tired of the same ol' synths? Dig into Max For Live and design your own! Join musician and Max expert Rishabh Rajan as he takes you on a journey from initial oscillation to final output as you build your first M4L synth!
“Absolutely excellent course. After completing this course I am excited to and feel confident in further learning M4L.”
— John Goodman
“Excellent course! Max for Live is the future of music production and sound theory! Unbelievable technology with limitless applications!!”
This course picks up from where Rishabh's Max For Live: For Musicians left off –and now that you have a solid understanding of the basics, you are more than ready to build your own synth!
In the first several sections you learn how to design oscillators, build filters, create custom modulators and FX. You see how to wire them up and get them working together to your exact specifications. Throughout the process also learn a lot about subtractive, additive and FM synthesis as you harness Max’s powerful algorithms within the virtual circuits you create.
So have no fear because programming couldn’t be more fun! Just grab your virtual soldering iron and — with Rishabh's expert guidance— start constructing the soft synth you've always dreamed of...the one that nobody else in the world has... the sonic instrument that is uniquely yours.
- 2Oscillator and Amp Section (07:10)
- 3Filter Section (04:01)
- 4Portamento (02:23)
- 5Filter Envelope (03:47)
- 6Interface and Layout (03:02)
- 7Convert Max Control Rate to MSP Rate (03:06)
8Toggle Filter Cutoff (05:22)Preview
- 9Additive Synthesis with the Cycle~ Object (05:40)
- 10Additive Synthesis with iOSCbank (05:36)
- 11MIDI Control for the Additive Synth (05:20)
- 12Non-Dissonant Sounds with the Additive Synth (02:50)
- 13Carrier and Modulator (06:38)
- 14FM Index Envelope control (03:38)
- 15Wavetable Synthesis (06:46)
- 16Implementing Polyphony (08:23)
- 17Creating a Delay Effect (05:43)
18Creative Delay Processing (05:13)Preview
- 19Waveshaping Concept (01:52)
- 20Building the Waveshaper (04:36)
- 21Filtering the DC Signal & Testing Output (03:30)
- 22Building an LFO - Part 1 (07:38)
- 23Building an LFO - Part 2 (03:26)
- 24Building an LFO - Part 3 (04:28)
- 25Building an LFO - Part 4 (02:03)
Absolutely excellent course. After completing this course I am excited to and feel confident in further learning M4L.
Excellent course! Max for Live is the future of music production and sound theory! Unbelievable technology with limitless applications!!
Well presented, structured and explained. Well done! Never the less I was missing a Max for Live technical chapter covering memory consumption etc.. But anyhow it worth spending the time.
Very clear and easy to follow. Would like to see more examples including sequencers, pattern generators for melodies, and working with live recorded audio.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1147 Courses
- Download Single Course