Komplete Kontrol Mk2 101
Absolute Beginners Guide
Matt Vanacoro • 28 videos • 81 minutes •
With its new streamlined layout, hi-res color screens and improved features, Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol MK2 is a solid upgrade to the original version. Join Matt Vanacoro in this course, and learn how this software & hardware solution will enhance your music-making experience.
“This Komplete Kontrol course really upgraded the value of my KK purchase. Answered all my questions about work flow and non-NI plugin instrument integration. Also made me aware of things I can do with...”
— James Gordon
“This is the most well written, fun, useful and value packed course i have ever purchased period. This course i would recommend hands down for any beginner as well as pro to advanced user like myself. ...”
In this in-depth 28-tutorial course, synth expert Matt Vanacoro takes you through the new Komplete Kontrol MK2, explaining how this amazing hardware-software duo will transform your music-making experience. After giving a tour of the hardware, Matt goes in depth into all the great features… You learn how to browse your instrument library (now including 3rd-party instruments), how to control your DAW directly from Komplete Kontrol, how Maschine integration works, how to use scale modes, the arpeggiator, one-note chords and a lot more!
So dive in this course, and get ready to harness the creative production tools of the Komplete Kontrol keyboard and software!
- 1Introduction (01:26)
2A Tour of the Hardware (03:39)Preview
3How the Software Communicates (02:35)Preview
4Standalone, Plugin, and Libraries (03:43)Preview
- 5Basic DAW control and MIDI tracks (01:43)
- 6Configuring Your Software (03:45)
- 7DAW Transport Control (01:30)
- 8Mixing and Selecting Channels (02:42)
- 9Quantizing ,Undo, and Redo (01:51)
- 10Cycle Recording Concepts (02:44)
- 11Maschine Integration (02:34)
- 12Browsing on the Software (03:17)
- 13Browsing Using the Hardware (04:05)
- 14Using the Light Guide (02:30)
- 15Default Mapped Controls (02:00)
- 16Macro Mapping (04:08)
- 17Software View Modes (02:19)
- 18Velocity and Transpose (02:05)
- 19Third-Party Instruments (03:34)
- 20Keywords (01:17)
- 21Working With Scales (03:44)
- 22One Note Chords (03:01)
- 23Using the Arpeggiator (04:04)
- 24MIDI Mode (03:23)
- 25Custom MIDI Maps (04:20)
This Komplete Kontrol course really upgraded the value of my KK purchase. Answered all my questions about work flow and non-NI plugin instrument integration. Also made me aware of things I can do with the KK that I hadn't even thought of. Plus, after viewing a few YouTube 'tutorials', I really appreciate the well thought out and well delivered information in this course. Thank you.
This is the most well written, fun, useful and value packed course i have ever purchased period. This course i would recommend hands down for any beginner as well as pro to advanced user like myself. On a scale from 1-5 i rate this course at a 6+ thats how satisfied a am, this is a definite hit out of the park.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1147 Courses
- Download Single Course