G.W. Childs IV • 41 videos • 105 minutes •
See how iZotope’s Iris lets us explore sound design and sampling by using both our ears and our eyes in this 41-tutorial course by the aural genius G.W. Childs...
“Another clear and concise exploration. Nowadays when buying a new software, I watch a MacProVideo about it (if available) right away to get started quicker.”
“Great overview about the possibilities of IRIS. Good structure and examples used in this tutorial.”
— Faint Response
Enter Iris: This groundbreaking virtual instrument lets us approach sound design the way a sculptor looks at a slab of marble. It enables us to artistically and visually chip away at the audio “slab” to reveal the hidden beauty locked within. This is powerful stuff for anyone interested in thinking outside the box! In this course, Iris Explored, audio alchemist G.W. Childs takes us deep into sculpting sound and shows us how to harness Iris’ powerful visual tools to create very personal and unique sonic masterpieces. You’ll learn the interface, tools and the sampling/synthesis engines that set Iris apart from most other virtual instruments.
So get out your audio hammer and chisel and learn how to do some sonic sculpting in this awesome course by G.W. Childs! Read More...
- 2Spectral Synthesis (02:07)
- 3Tools Section (02:11)
- 4Global Section (02:31)
- 5Synth Section (02:37)
- 6Keyboard Panel (01:36)
- 7Setup and New Button (02:39)
- 8Root Note (02:42)
- 9Envelope and Link (03:11)
- 10Spectral Surgery (02:58)
- 11The Filter in Iris (02:19)
- 12Effects Mode (03:23)
- 13Delay (02:41)
- 14Saving and Mod Wheel (01:39)
- 15Intro to Pad Creation (01:40)
- 16Dots, Lines and Delay (03:07)
17Magic Wand and LFO (03:26)Preview
- 18Reverb (02:50)
- 19Macros (02:12)
- 20Closing the Evolution (01:06)
- 21Intro to Lead Creation (01:24)
- 22All Mode (02:48)
- 23Sculpting in All (02:48)
- 24Glide AKA Portamento (01:37)
- 25Filter (or not) (02:59)
26Effects for Distorted Leads (02:35)Preview
- 27Macro Presets (02:16)
- 28Auto Pitch Detection on Load (01:58)
- 29Importing Your Audio (01:41)
- 30Pitch Based on Selection (02:15)
- 31Radius RT (02:44)
- 32Radius RT Advanced Settings (03:23)
- 33Multi-sample Setup (02:23)
- 34Key Mapping in Iris (02:46)
- 35Root Note for Multi-zone Patch (03:10)
- 36Bass Design in Performance Patch (03:15)
- 37Lead and Voice Limit (02:24)
- 38Loop Production in Performance Patch (04:29)
- 39Perf. Patch Mix & MIDI Learn (02:58)
- 40Perf. Filter & MIDI Learn (03:01)
- 41Conclusion (02:39)
Another clear and concise exploration. Nowadays when buying a new software, I watch a MacProVideo about it (if available) right away to get started quicker.
Great overview about the possibilities of IRIS. Good structure and examples used in this tutorial.
Amazing ! Simply a great program with a fabulous tutorial session to let me hit the ground running limitless!
Great tutorial for a great product! Its nice to have all the elements of Iris broken down easily.
Another good tutorial from Mr. Childs. I was interested in Iris when it came out and bought it recently (it was on sale). Glad I did. You can do quite a lot with it as Mr. Childs explains. I like that you can throw any sample, loop or sound in there and change it quite considerably.
Great explanation! Gets into the meat and potatoes of Iris without it being overly confusing. Now I'm off to create my own unique sounds.
Awesome course, really helped me get to grips with powerhouse of a sound generator/synth/sample, many thanks! Off to glitch and destroy some drums...All your fault haha, thanks
Excellent and in-depth. Got me into the software quickly and gave a good overview of all basic functionality and some excellent tips on how to get those moving, evolving sounds that this unique 'visual' software tool can create.
Awesome Tutorial! Very informative, and well explained. I had been intimidated by Iris since i bought it, but now after watching this tutorial I've been inspired and will explore its cool features. Thanks G.W. Childs IV and MacProVideo!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25/mth (recurring)
- Stream All 784 Courses
- $19.50 (one-time)
- Download Single Course