InDesign CC & CS6 103
Working With Color
Mark Gatter • 20 videos • 60 minutes •
Learn the art and science of color using InDesign with Adobe Certified Instructor Mark Gatter in this multi-tutorial InDesign course: Working With Color...
“Plenty of useful info on general layout, layers and colors to avoid making those time-consuming mistakes. I wish i had seen this course before.... ;) Again: recommended stuff!”
— Mark L74
“Lots of great tips and tricks from Mark in this one! A little bit of history from the print industry is just enough to bring understanding around to a workable level, as well. Keep up the good work!”
Mark covers everything from the somewhat cryptic “registration” and “paper” colors built in to InDesign right down to creating your own “warm” and “cool” black colors. These “custom blacks” will serve to pump up your basic default black color to avoid streaks but without exceeding the ink limit on offset printing presses.
No course on color is complete without a discussion of Pantone colors. Mark’s excellent advice on working with Pantone colors and converting them to CMYK colors when needed will help you save significant amounts of time and money on your commercial “four color” printing jobs.
To round things off, Mark packs in the added value by giving you an in-depth look at both the mechanics of InDesign’s all-important layer system, but also the object hierarchy within individual layers. He then ties it in with the “color” theme by showing you how to color code your layers beyond what comes with InDesign by default.
By the end of this value-packed course, you’ll have new but “tried and true” industry pro color tips and tricks under your belt that you can immediately apply to your real-world print jobs!
Watch this and all of the info-packed tutorials in our ever-expanding library of InDesign courses below: Read More...
- 1Introduction to RGB vs. CMYK (03:58)
- 2Creating and Editing New CMYK Colors (03:30)
- 3Creating Color Styles (02:44)
4Creating a Gradient (03:52)Preview
- 5Editing a Gradient (02:59)
- 6Registration Color (02:34)
- 7Warm and Cool "Blacks" (03:21)
- 8Paper Color (02:05)
- 9Intro to Pantone Colors (02:25)
10Adding a Pantone Color (02:26)Preview
- 11Converting a Pantone Color to CMYK (02:18)
- 12Changing the Line Style (03:48)
- 13Line Ends and Corner Styles (03:38)
- 14Object Hierarchy Inside a Single Layer (01:50)
- 15Send to Back, Bring to Front (03:01)
16Introduction to the Layers Panel (02:21)Preview
- 17Creating/Deleting New Layers (02:26)
- 18Moving Objects Between Layers (03:03)
- 19Deleting or Locking Layers (04:14)
- 20Locking objects (02:53)
Plenty of useful info on general layout, layers and colors to avoid making those time-consuming mistakes. I wish i had seen this course before.... ;) Again: recommended stuff!
Lots of great tips and tricks from Mark in this one! A little bit of history from the print industry is just enough to bring understanding around to a workable level, as well. Keep up the good work!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1105 Courses
- Download Single Course