Trimming, Titles, Transitions & Trailers
Michael Wohl • 30 videos • 90 minutes •
In this iMovie course, Michael Wohl focusses on the techniques that give “your” iMovie that professional, refined look and feel. See how to fine tune, polish and add those finishing touches to add pizzazz your production.
“This is a solid video in the iMovie tutorial series. After watching this and the intro video I was able to put together a simplistic film score showreel. ”
“I am really enjoying the courses. I appreciate the great job you have done laying out and presenting the courses. Very motivating. Thank you!”
— Dave P
The second half of this course is about transitions, text and still images. Here you see and learn to use all the transition effects built right into iMovie. From wipes to peels to dissolves, MIchael explains how these transitions are deployed and when to use them. Text is next! In this collection of tutorials you learn how to add text, create titles, credits and work with iMovies exclusive Themes.
The concluding section of this info-packed course starts off focussing on incorporating photographic stills into your movies. You learn how to animate, crop and create backgrounds from any image in your library. And finally, once your iMovie is finished, it’s time to create a cool trailer and share your latest production with the world.
Michael Wohl makes learning iMovie fun!
- 2Connected Clips (03:08)
- 3Working with Connected Clips (02:07)
- 4Connecting Audio (03:10)
- 5Editing Connected Clips (02:22)
- 6Replacing a Clip (02:24)
- 7Replace Options (03:39)
- 8Drag to Insert (01:38)
- 9The Clip Trimmer (02:55)
- 10Slipping a clip (02:54)
11The Precision Editor (05:27)Preview
- 12Trimming Tips - Part 1 (05:15)
- 13Trimming Tips - Part 2 (05:15)
- 14Adding Transitions (03:52)
- 15Cross Dissolves (00:58)
- 16Modifying Transitions (02:17)
- 17Theme Transitions (02:02)
- 18Adding Titles (02:22)
- 19Modifying Titles (03:42)
- 20Theme-Specific Titles (01:29)
- 21Adding Photos (02:11)
- 22Fitting and Cropping Stills (03:40)
23Animating Photos (02:41)Preview
- 24Backgrounds and Maps (03:35)
- 25Creating a Trailer (04:21)
- 26Building a Trailer (05:01)
- 27Converting a Trailer to a Movie (02:25)
- 28Sharing via Email (02:32)
- 29Sharing to Video-Sharing sites (02:44)
- 30Exporting to a File (02:24)
This is a solid video in the iMovie tutorial series. After watching this and the intro video I was able to put together a simplistic film score showreel.
I am really enjoying the courses. I appreciate the great job you have done laying out and presenting the courses. Very motivating. Thank you!
Editing is my favourite thing to do in movies. This course is very interesting, and I learned many things about iMovie and editing.
I like the tutorial very much. But I would like to see some examples of editing Audio in the Precision editor
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1073 Courses
- Download Single Course