Windows 8 101
Getting Started with Windows 8
Gary Grudzinskas • 20 videos • 77 minutes •
Microsoft Windows 8 is here and so is Gary Grudzinskas—our star Windows trainer—to get you up and running fast! Learn all the new features and functions to make sure your transition into Windows 8 is an easy one!...
“Very understandable for this Sr. Citizen. This is my first venture into windows since Windows xp. I'm changing back from Mac”
— John Holmes
“tutorial was good. it did not allow questions. signing in and out of windows 8 was not a problem for me prior to listening to the tutorial ”
Windows 8, Microsoft's much heralded new OS, is the first major operating system to incorporate both touch and the traditional UI into a single user experience. Whether you’re new to Windows or upgrading from XP, Vista or Windows 7, this course will introduce you to this new OS and help get you started on a solid footing.
There's a lot of new features in Windows 8 and it’s easy to understand how new and longtime Windows users could find it difficult to make the transition. That’s why we collaborated with expert Gary Grudzinskas. Gary has a wonderful way to make seemingly complicated concepts really simple to understand. In this introductory course, Gary—with his friendly and entertaining teaching style—will guide you step by step into the new Windows 8 world.
Get a grasp of the new look and feel. See how to sign in and create your User Account. Learn about Charms, Libraries, File Explorer, File History and Defender. Master the Control Panel, Action Center, the new safety features and so much more.
So sit back and relax because by watching this course you'll soon be comfortable and confident in the new Windows 8 environment... and be sure to check out our ever-expanding library of Windows 8 courses! Read More...
1Start: Sign in, Sign out (04:07)Preview
- 2Help: Know How to Do It (04:18)
- 3Create a Local User (04:13)
- 4What to Do With a User (03:57)
- 5Libraries: Get to What You Need Fast (04:05)
- 6Getting the View That Works for You (04:14)
- 7Charms: The Basic Charming Overview (04:05)
- 8Family Safety: How to Spy on Your Kids (04:06)
- 9Defender: Be Careful Out There (04:16)
10File History: Don't Lose Your Work (04:27)Preview
- 11Control Panel: Configure Here (04:00)
- 12Your Computer Needs You (03:59)
- 13A Solution to the Problem (maybe) (03:03)
- 14Applications: Uninstall Desktop Applications (03:35)
- 15PC Settings Overview (04:05)
16Hello, Ribbon. (03:09)Preview
- 17Show and Hide (04:06)
- 18The Current View (00:00)
- 19Preview and Details (04:10)
- 20Task Manager: A Look Under the Hood (04:14)
Very understandable for this Sr. Citizen. This is my first venture into windows since Windows xp. I'm changing back from Mac
tutorial was good. it did not allow questions. signing in and out of windows 8 was not a problem for me prior to listening to the tutorial
.As senior citizen I would find it a little easier if the course were repeated twice over in order to fix it in my mind.The explanation is simple and easy to follow but repetition enforces. Thank you
good help at learning program. easy start and I thank you for that !!!!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1133 Courses
- Download Single Course