Absolute Beginner's Guide
Hollin Jones • 22 videos • 72 minutes • No reviews
Gadget, Korg’s innovative all-in-one music production software is now available on the Mac. Watch this Absolute Beginner's Guide course, and learn how to capture your musical ideas with Gadget!
Status: Available | Released: Jul 5th, 2017After the success of Korg's Gadget for iOS, Mac users can finally join in the fun! Gadget blends Korg’s expertise in instrument design with a very intuitive user interface and a powerful built-in sequencer. With more than 30 instruments (called “gadgets”) to choose from, it is an all-in-one solution for producing music on your Mac. So join expert trainer Hollin Jones in this Absolute Beginner’s Guide course as he explores and explains all the great features of this amazing music software.
The course begins by looking at the basics: you learn how to set up your preferences, how to navigate the interface, and how to save your projects locally or to the clouds. As, you start working with the various gadgets, you discover how fun it is to record and edit MIDI and audio with Gadget. Next thing you know, you’ll be ready to sequence and mix your first song using Gadget’s built-in instruments, drum machines and effects! The course concludes by explaining how to export your final arrangement as a stereo file … or even as an Ableton Live project or as a MIDI file if you want to edit it further in another DAW.
So join expert Hollin Jones in this 22-tutorial course, and get creative with Korg's Gadget for Mac! Read More...
1Introduction to Gadget (02:16)Preview
2Setting the Preferences (02:19)Preview
- 3Windowing - the 4-Way Split (02:18)
- 4The Upper Toolbar (03:40)
- 5The Lower Toolbar (02:59)
6Add and Play a Gadget (04:21)Preview
- 7Recife (03:24)
- 8Phoenix, Montreal & Lexington (03:28)
- 9Assigning MIDI CC Controls (02:49)
- 10Using Gadgets in Your DAW as Plugins (01:16)
- 11Recording Audio with Zurich (03:13)
- 12Editing Audio in Gadget (02:42)
- 13Recording and Processing Guitar with Rosario (02:35)
- 14Understanding the MIDI Editor (03:53)
- 15Quantization and MIDI Note Editing (04:49)
- 16Automation - The Basics (04:10)
- 17Mixer and Parameter Automation (02:58)
- 18Sequencing a Song (03:33)
- 19Advanced Sequencer Functions (05:34)
- 20Mixing and Using Insert FX (03:34)
- 21Exporting from Gadget (04:16)
- 22Wrap-Up (01:34)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Know someone that needs this training?
Send a personalized note and tell them about this course.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1113 Courses
- Download Single Course