Flash Builder 102
Working with Layout Containers
Duane Nickull • 21 videos • 81 minutes • No reviews
Create flexible and scalable app layouts by using Layout Containers in Flash Builder 4.6...
Status: Available | Released: Sep 19th, 2012Trainer and one-time star Adobe Evangelist Duane Nickull starts this course by giving you a solid grounding in Component Theory. Next, you’ll learn how to use powerful Navigator components like the Accordion & ButtonBar and manipulate these components with ease! You’ll also learn how to implement Window Controls to create flexible, clean and professional window layouts.
The best part of this course is when Duane shows you how to build a simple yet fully functional Rich Text Word Processor app using the richTextEditor Halo component – in just 3 straightforward tutorials! By the end of this course, you’ll have numerous clear and logical code samples to refer to that will give you the confidence to start laying out your Flash Builder apps right away!
Learn how to create all kinds of apps by watching all the courses in our expanding library of Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 courses – in beautiful HD video! Read More...
- 1An Introduction to Components (02:25)
- 2Component Theory (04:23)
- 3Introducing Navigator Components (03:07)
- 4Exploring the Tabbed Navigator (04:18)
5The Accordion Component (04:37)Preview
- 6The ViewStack Component Explained (03:13)
- 7Controlling ViewStack Behavior (04:07)
- 8Introduction to the ButtonBar and Layout Containers (04:46)
- 9Setting up Basic ButtonBar Components (03:47)
- 10Programming and Testing the ButtonBar (04:51)
- 11Working with Window Containers in Flash Builder (04:56)
12Component Layout in a Parent Window (03:28)Preview
- 13Relative versus Absolute Layout for Flexibility (03:05)
- 14Completing and Testing the Flexible Layout (02:32)
- 15Setting Native Window Options (05:09)
- 16Creating New Windows: The makeWindow() Function (03:21)
- 17Controlling Windows: The setCoords() Function (04:04)
18Closing Windows: The closeWindow() Function (03:29)Preview
- 19Setting up the RichTextEditor Component (04:26)
- 20Giving the RichText Editor “Save” Functionality (02:55)
- 21Completing and Testing the RichTextEditor App (03:51)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Know someone that needs this training?
Send a personalized note and tell them about this course.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1123 Courses
- Download Single Course