Final Cut Pro X 104
Working in the Timeline
Ben Balser • 25 videos • 72 minutes • No reviews
OK, you’ve got the basic edits down. Now how do you put together the final story in Final Cut Pro’s Timeline? Apple Certified Pro and film producer Ben Balser is here to show you the way!
Status: Available | Released: Dec 15th, 2016The Timeline is where all the action happens. In this 25-video course, Ben Balser shows you everything you need to know about editing, trimming and creating a storyline in Final Cut Pro X’s timeline.
He starts the course by covering the basic trim edits: ripple, roll, slip & slid. From there, you learn about precision trimming using the keyboard, numerical trimming and the playhead. Next, there’s a section on creating secondary storylines, followed by a collection of tutorials on creating and editing compound clips. The final section of this course dives into audition clips and how easy it is to create and utilize them.
Completing these tutorial gets you up to speed with the Timeline and gives you the tools and techniques you need to start assembling your story in Final Cut Pro X. Read More...
- 2Ripple Edits (03:48)
- 3Roll Edits (03:17)
- 4Slip Edits (03:02)
- 5Slide Edits (03:15)
- 6Adjusting Clip Duration (03:11)
- 7Trimming from the Keyboard (03:54)
- 8Numerical Trimming (03:29)
9Trimming to the Playhead (02:21)Preview
- 10Trimming Connected Clips (04:02)
- 11The Precision Editor (03:06)
- 12Cutting with Purpose (03:58)
- 13Creating Secondary Storylines (02:11)
- 14Editing Secondary Storylines (02:50)
- 15Moving Clips & Breaking Apart (03:31)
- 16Creating Compound Clips (03:16)
- 17Compound Clips with Layered Clips (02:05)
- 18Editing Compound Clips (03:08)
- 19Creating New Parent Clips (02:40)
- 20Breaking Apart Compounds (02:40)
- 21Creating Audition (03:36)
22Switching Between Audition Clips (02:01)Preview
- 23Duplicate & Delete Inside Audition (01:51)
- 24Applying Effects to Audition (01:16)
- 25Finalizing Audition (02:01)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Know someone that needs this training?
Send a personalized note and tell them about this course.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1105 Courses
- Download Single Course