Digital Performer 8 102
Working With MIDI
Alexander Adhami • 20 videos • 63 minutes •
Wow! Composer Alexander Adhami shows you the powerful MIDI capabilities of MOTU's DP8 (hint: it's absolutely awesome!!)...
“Outstanding class. Alex is an A+ teacher. Highly recommended.”
“This tutorials are great. I'm learning things that aren't obvious, but sometime are right there in front of your face and you don't see them. Very useful and practical staff that we easily ignore.”
Digital Performer has always been very tight with MIDI. It has always had incredible amount of flexibility and control when tweaking performance data. Well, in this new version, it gets even tighter! With DP 8 expert Alexander Adhami as your guide you'll learn all there is to know about recording & editing MIDI in DP 8. You'll see how easy it is to quantize, change velocities, create colorful and complex arpeggios, filter out continuous controllers, and much, much more. You'll also learn all about DP8's robust MIDI sequence editor and how to input a full drum part in the powerful Drum Editor. Learn about the cool DeFlam feature, to help you clean up those "flim-flammy" performances.
So whether you're on a Mac or a PC, new to DP8, or simply want to see what DP is all about, this course will take you there! Be sure to watch all of the Digital Performer courses our always expanding MOTU/DP library!
1Creating a MIDI Track (02:13)Preview
- 2MIDI Events (03:17)
- 3Creating a Virtual Instrument (02:18)
- 4MIDI Loop Recording & Overdubbing (04:48)
- 5Editing Synths in the Sequence Editor (04:07)
6Editing Drums in the Drum Editor (04:20)Preview
- 7MIDI Editing using Smart Selection (04:34)
- 8Quantizing in the QuickScribe Editor (05:42)
- 9Device Groups (01:12)
- 10MIDI Plugins Arpeggiator (03:49)
- 11Changing Velocity (04:03)
- 12Changing Duration (01:47)
- 13Continuous Data (03:29)
- 14The DeFlam Feature (01:30)
- 15Using ReWire (02:47)
16Transposing MIDI (03:20)Preview
- 17View Filters (01:54)
- 18Conductor Track Tempo Tricks (02:22)
- 19More Conductor Track Tricks (02:27)
- 20Turning MIDI into an Audio File (02:24)
Outstanding class. Alex is an A+ teacher. Highly recommended.
This tutorials are great. I'm learning things that aren't obvious, but sometime are right there in front of your face and you don't see them. Very useful and practical staff that we easily ignore.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1147 Courses
- Download Single Course