Dance Music Styles 115
Olav Basoski • 19 videos • 60 minutes •
Filter disco is the perfect blend of house and disco music. Learn everything about this energetic dance music style in this entertaining course by the one and only Olav Basoski.
In this course, Olav Basoski dissects a filter disco track. He starts by defining the songwriting features and themes that make this genre unique. Listen as he reveals his production techniques, such as arrangement tips, creating variety with breaks and fills, cool ways to create unique noise sweeps, how to completely change the groove of a track with different basslines, etc. This is followed by a deep look at one of the most important elements of a filter disco track… you guessed it: filters! Finally, Olav talks about common mistakes you need to watch out for when producing a filter disco track.
So sit back, watch this info-packed tutorial course, and learn about filter disco from one of the best educators on the planet: Olav Basoski!
1Overview and Playthrough (02:24)Preview
2Defining Features (02:48)Preview
- 4Energy (02:45)
- 5Arrangement Concepts (05:43)
- 6Structuring (04:50)
- 7Letting the Track Decide (01:49)
- 8Breaks, Fills and Special Sauce (03:24)
- 9Typical Drum Sounds (02:16)
- 10Unique Noise Sweeps (03:42)
- 11Sidechaining the Sweeps (01:47)
- 12Compression Tactics (03:07)
- 13Basslines (05:04)
- 14Autofilter & Volcano 2 (04:44)
- 15The Drop (04:15)
- 16FilterFreak (03:03)
- 17Not Being Creative With Loops (02:40)
- 18Using too Long Samples (02:00)
- 19Closing Thoughts (00:37)
Great examples, very clear explanation. Olav's tutorials are very, very useful.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1137 Courses
- Download Single Course