Dance Music Sound Design 101
Adam Pollard • 25 videos • 90 minutes •
This first course in our exclusive Dance Music Sound Design series, starts at the bottom… with the BASS, that is. And who better to teach the art and science behind making killer bass sounds than Multiplier AKA Adam Pollard!
“Loved it. Great course with lots of examples using different synths that show the similarities of approach.”
“A decent course overall; well done and especially useful, and captivating, if you follow along with your own synths. Hope to see many more like it!”
There's really no right or wrong bass timbres. But there are definitely serious-sounding basses and other less serious ones that are wimpy, weak and anemic. This in-depth course teaches you the art and theory behind the making of those super-powerful, killer bass sounds!
This course teaches the fundamentals of oscillation and pitch. You see how modulation is applied to the VCA and filter to generate movement and envelope. There’s also sections on synthesis, bass-appropriate FX and bass design theory! The course concludes with a collection of examples that explains and explores some serious dance music bass styles!
So take a class with our exclusive dance music expert, Multiplier (Adam Pollard), and learn the ins-and-outs of designing bass sounds that’ll give your tracks bottom, propel your music forward and energize the dance floor! Read More...
- 3Pitch (05:51)
- 4Envelope Modulation (04:14)
- 5Filter Cutoff Modulation (02:54)
- 6LFO Modulation (03:44)
- 7Wavetable Synthesis (03:22)
- 8Simple Wavetable Synth Examples (03:12)
- 9FM Synthesis (03:18)
- 10Simple FM Synth Example (04:13)
- 11Sequenced Modulation (03:57)
- 12Distortion/Saturation (03:41)
- 13Reverb (04:02)
- 14Delay (02:54)
- 15Monophony (03:17)
- 16Fundamental & Harmonics (03:20)
- 17Sub Oscillator (03:42)
- 18Layering & Lots Of Processing (02:01)
- 19Non-Synthesized Bass (03:22)
20Techno Bass Example (03:20)Preview
- 21FM Wobble Bass Example (02:33)
- 22Formant Bass Example (03:49)
- 23Detuned Bass Example (04:05)
- 24Interesting Wobble Bass Example (03:25)
- 25General Strategy with Example (06:21)
Loved it. Great course with lots of examples using different synths that show the similarities of approach.
A decent course overall; well done and especially useful, and captivating, if you follow along with your own synths. Hope to see many more like it!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1009 Courses
- Download Single Course