Absolute Beginner's Guide
Matt Vanacoro • 26 videos • 92 minutes • No reviews
Apple’s Compressor is the perfect tool to help you reduce the file size of your projects while preserving quality. In this course, Matt Vanacoro shows you everything you always wanted to know (but were afraid to ask!) about Apple’s Compressor and the theory of compression…
But how is it possible to shrink down the file size of a video into something smaller? What exactly is the difference between lossless and lossy compression? And what are Codecs, frame size, frame rate and data rate? Luckily, our expert trainer, Matt Vanacoro, is here to answer all those questions. .. and a lot more!
So, join him and learn how Apple's Compressor can help you save time when working and exporting large scale jobs. Along the way, you’ll discover the 5 cornerstone concepts of compressing files, how to create custom compression settings, markers & droplets, and even how to retime and crop your videos directly in Compressor.
After watching this course, you'll understand how video compression really works and you'll be on your way to delivering high quality projects at amazingly small file sizes!
1Welcome to Compressor (01:36)Preview
2How Does Compression Work? (04:53)Preview
3Resolution & File Size (03:51)Preview
- 4All About Frame Rate (02:18)
- 5Setting the Data Rate (03:56)
- 6Single Files vs. Batch Jobs (04:00)
- 7Compressor Processing in 5 Steps (04:01)
- 8Adding Media to Compressor (02:12)
- 9Choosing & Creating a Setting (06:11)
- 10Working with Locations (03:05)
- 11The Preview Area (03:55)
- 12Creating Markers (04:39)
- 13Transcoding Sections (01:47)
- 14Submitting & Monitoring a Batch (03:54)
- 15Utilizing History (03:20)
- 16All About Audio (02:18)
- 17Job Properties, Actions & Metadata (03:30)
- 18Adding Video & Audio Effects (03:23)
- 19Retiming, Cropping & Padding (03:33)
- 20Converting vs. Compressing (04:35)
- 21Compressor & Apple Pro Video Apps (03:05)
- 22Publishing to Online Services (03:17)
- 23Creating a Droplet (03:21)
- 24Rendering With Groups (04:13)
- 25Preferences & Performance (04:24)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1093 Courses
- Download Single Course