The Easel Explored
Todd Barton • 24 videos • 69 minutes •
The "NEW", reimagined Buchla Easel is one of the most original and best sounding analog all-in-one synths ever made. See what this amazing instrument can do in this Easel Video Manual created by renowned Buchla expert Todd Barton.
“Todd is a great instructor and is very knowledgeable. This course helped tremendously in my understanding of the Easel. I'm excited to dive deeper and explore! Thanks for offering this course. ”
— Nick Turner
“A truly essential view on the Easel setup and layout with tons of ideas offered up to get you going for further exploration. This course is an intimidation eraser. If you're feeling uneasy about maki...”
— Tom Meigs
This course by Buchla expert, Todd Barton, explores every aspect of the Easel, from its unique sound generation to its powerful controls, sequencing and programming. In essence, Todd has created the very first Easel Video Manual. Todd is an internationally recognized Buchla expert and performer, and he works very closely with Buchla Electronic Musical Instruments in designing patches and creating product documentation.
If you have an Easel or are thinking about getting one... or even if you're simply interested in modular synthesis, this course is for you! So learn everything about the 208 and the 218e modules, which together comprise the one and only Buchla Easel, in this very in-depth course by Todd Barton. Read More...
3Sliders, Switches and Knobs (00:56)Preview
- 4Connections (01:02)
- 5First Sounds from The 208 (02:14)
- 6The Dual Lo Pass Gate - Explained (02:43)
- 7The Dual Lo Pass Gate - Explored (03:27)
- 8The Complex Oscillator (03:41)
- 9The Modulation Oscillator (03:50)
- 10The CV Section Pulser Explained (02:12)
- 11The Envelope Generator Explained (02:02)
- 12The Sequential Voltage Source Explained (01:00)
- 13The CV Section Explored (07:11)
- 14The Keyboard Section (02:26)
- 15Review (01:08)
- 16First Patch - Ambient (05:56)
- 17The Inverter (01:54)
- 18Second Patch - Random (02:39)
- 19Aux Audio Input Envelope Detector (04:14)
- 20The Program Card (05:28)
- 21MIDI (02:40)
- 22Tips and Tricks (05:29)
- 23Accessories (01:20)
- 24Epilogue (01:26)
Todd is a great instructor and is very knowledgeable. This course helped tremendously in my understanding of the Easel. I'm excited to dive deeper and explore! Thanks for offering this course.
A truly essential view on the Easel setup and layout with tons of ideas offered up to get you going for further exploration. This course is an intimidation eraser. If you're feeling uneasy about making the jump, I really encourage you to spend some time with these supremely explained, clear and direct examples. I know I'll be re-watching the episodes several times. Thanks for making this offering available to all of us!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1132 Courses
- Download Single Course