Studio One 103
Advanced MIDI Toolbox
Gary Hiebner • 22 videos • 129 minutes •
As a Studio One user you need know about its deep MIDI implementation. Learn to record, edit and make MIDI magic in this in-depth course featuring trainer Gary Hiebner.
“Good overview of midi capabilities in Studio One 2 Professional. Gary's cockney accent can sometimes be annoying to someone who doesn't speak proper English.”
— Jimboy Edwards
“Great course and in depth! The midi editing & instruments are well explained -maybe lacking just a few touches on synthesis (filters, LFO's, envelopes) and how it works. It could do with just a few di...”
Gary also explains Impact, Mojito, and Sampler One, three great virtual instruments that are built right in to this DAW and give you tons of flexibility when creating and editing patches. You'll also see and hear as Gary demonstrates how he uses the built-in Melodyne plug-in to transform an audio track into MIDI.
So get ready to take your MIDI data to the next level and bring new life to your tracks. Oh, and make sure you watch the other great courses in our ever-expanding series on Studio One, the DAW with the artist in mind. Read More...
1Setting Up Instrument Tracks (02:42)Preview
- 2Setting Up Your MIDI Devices (06:57)
- 3Using the MIDI Editor (07:00)
- 4Going Through the MIDI Tools (06:09)
- 5Piano Roll vs. Drum Editor (03:42)
- 6Using MIDI Quantization (07:24)
- 7MIDI Velocity Actions (02:32)
- 8MIDI Groove (04:01)
- 9Using MIDI Actions (03:43)
- 10MIDI Quantize Actions (03:04)
- 11MIDI Velocity Actions (00:47)
12Double Notes, Short Notes & Split Notes (02:54)Preview
- 13Conform Your MIDI to Scale (03:09)
- 14Editing Multiple MIDI Instruments (05:21)
- 15MIDI Velocity and Modulation (08:49)
- 16Using the Impact Drum Machine - Part 1 (06:17)
- 17Using the Impact Drum Machine - Part 2 (10:23)
18Subtractive Synthesis with Mojito (10:56)Preview
- 19Using Sound Fonts & Sound Font Player (09:52)
- 20Getting Into Sampling with Sample One (10:49)
- 21Turning Melodyne Audio Events into MIDI Events (04:32)
- 22ReWire Setup (07:53)
Good overview of midi capabilities in Studio One 2 Professional. Gary's cockney accent can sometimes be annoying to someone who doesn't speak proper English.
Great course and in depth! The midi editing & instruments are well explained -maybe lacking just a few touches on synthesis (filters, LFO's, envelopes) and how it works. It could do with just a few diagrams. Studio is a great DAW to use -simple, straight forward and fast!
Gary, really lays out the fundamentals on how to use all the midi tools in this tutorial in a very comprehensive way. My understanding on how to use the tools in Studio One has certainly improved!
There are some useful nuggets here that are explored more in-depth; I happily added them to my STUDIO ONE knowledge deposit.Thx.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1093 Courses
- Download Single Course