Live 9 202
Live's Effects: Plugged In!
Mo Volans • 31 videos • 130 minutes •
Join Mo Volans as he takes you on an overview of Live’s amazing bundled plug-ins! This tutorial, filled with tons of audio examples, is a treasure-trove of information on how to use and master all of Live's included effects!
“Awesome course! Absolutely essential if you plan to use Live as a performance DAW. The most important concepts are explained, anything left out is best for you to experiment with on your own.”
— Loxley Sound
“Thank you so much, I recently switched from Logic Pro X to Ableton Live, and the stock FX plug-ins are vastly different than in logic, even though the same signal, technical ideas are the same. This r...”
However, before you can truly release Ableton Live’s true potential, you’ll need to familiarise yourself with its extensive collection of effects plug-ins. This impressive list includes everything from simple equalisers and compressors to resonators, frequency shifters, and the mighty beat repeat plug-in.
Mo Volans takes you on a guided tour through every plug-in included with Ableton Live. On this journey you’ll not only learn how to tweak almost every parameter, you'll also see how each processor can work in your mix, demonstrated by real world examples.
Each plug-in type is broken down, grouping similar plug-ins together and giving you the theory on how they work and when it's best to use them. If you're a beginner, you can follow the tutorial from start to finish. If you’re an experienced Live user, you can use the keyword search features to turn this tutorial into an instant Live DSP reference guide.
Explore Ableton Live’s true plug-in power ... devote 2-hours of your time to this tutorial from Mo Volans, and you'll make better music - guaranteed!
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price! Read More...
1Live's Bundled Plug-ins (03:15)Preview
- 2The Plug-in Browser (03:41)
- 3What is Creative Processing (06:36)
- 4Loading Effects Plug-ins (03:47)
- 5Using Multiple Effects (02:14)
- 6Setting Your Signal Path (04:04)
- 7Saving and Loading Patches (03:29)
- 8The Hot Swap Function (02:51)
- 9Using External MIDI Controllers (06:33)
- 10What is the Effects Rack? (01:49)
- 11Building a Basic Effects Rack (03:14)
- 12Macro Controls and Parallel Chains (02:43)
- 13Using Pre-sets and Hot Swapping with Effects Racks (02:59)
14What are Modulation Effects (01:19)Preview
- 15Using the Live Chorus Effect (03:52)
- 16The Live Flanger (05:37)
- 17Getting the Best from Live's Phaser (04:10)
- 18The Modulation Effects in Action (02:37)
- 19The Dynamic Tube (04:26)
- 20Using Overdrive to Its Full Effect (03:54)
- 21Vinyl Distortion and Erosion (06:45)
- 22Live's Distortion Effects in Action (02:23)
- 23The Simple and Ping-Pong Delay Effects (07:27)
24The Grain Delay Plug-in (04:43)Preview
- 25The Filter Delay (05:25)
- 26The Live Reverb (05:42)
- 27Using the Compressor as an Effect (04:03)
- 28Using Live's EQs and Filters as Effects (06:55)
- 29The Frequency Shifter (03:09)
- 30The Resonators (02:50)
- 31The Mighty Beat Repeat Plug-in (07:09)
Awesome course! Absolutely essential if you plan to use Live as a performance DAW. The most important concepts are explained, anything left out is best for you to experiment with on your own.
Thank you so much, I recently switched from Logic Pro X to Ableton Live, and the stock FX plug-ins are vastly different than in logic, even though the same signal, technical ideas are the same. This really helped me grasp where all the extra envelopes, LFOs, and Filter EQ's were coming from on all these plugins and how you can use them to your advantage. Ableton FX seem to have a bit more control and fluidity than the stock logic ones. You explained things clear and concise, and I did not have to rewind more than a handful of times. Thank you for being a great instructor Mo Volans.
This is a awesome Course, because Mo Volans explains that really good! The best part of this course is the BEST OF THE REST :D!!!!
Although this guide is for Live 8, I'm still completely understand about how to use those plug-ins from this course even in Live 9! The way he explain this course is pretty impressive and understandable even for a beginner like me, he's not only explaining those plug-ins in details mostly, but also played it so you can hear the difference, and to be honest he's pretty good at this!
I found this was a good overview best suited to beginners. I felt that the individual effects should have been explored before the examples of how the effects are used overall in the mix.
Mo Volans is makes very nice use of the effects to show very useful live applications. Very easy to follow and his music was enjoyable to listen to as he demonstrated concepts.
Must for beginners to live.....
Yes, just a simple overview of the effects; but gets the point across nicely.
great course to get into little details of each effects , now I will use with more clarity, ready for the next tutorial!
Just a brief overview of the Plug-ins. For the beginner!
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1044 Courses
- Download Single Course