Live 9 304
Making Electronic Dance Music
Olav Basoski • 47 videos • 187 minutes •
House Music Legend Olav Basoski shows how he uses Ableton Live to make chart topping dance floor anthems.
“Olav is my new guru. Brilliant course. Learning so much so quickly. Thanks”
“i've completed most of the MPV Ableton Live tutorials. This course, along with 402: Producing Techno and House, are the best sets of tutorials for creating a workflow in making electronic dance music....”
In these new, Pro Level Ableton Live 8 tutorials Olav Basoski shows you how he constructs his monster dance floor anthems in Ableton Live 8. You'll learn insider tips and tricks for structuring your tracks, using compressors, EQs and other DSP effects, and hot mixing tips that will make your songs shred dancefloors the same way Olav's do.
Olav has produced hundreds of Dance records and he owns 3 of the worlds most popular dance music labels: Work Records, Samplitude Records, and Rootz Records. If you want to produce songs like a legend of the house music industry, you need to check out this new tutorial by Olav Basoski. Read More...
1Introduction to Clip View (05:30)Preview
- 2Introduction to Arrangement View (01:04)
- 3Kickdrum! (05:06)
- 4Making a Master Plug-in Chain (01:59)
- 5Using the Simpler Sampler (01:46)
- 6Using the Drumrack - Part 1 (04:05)
- 7Using the Drumrack - Part 2 (04:44)
- 8Using the Drumrack - Part 3 (06:43)
- 9Adding Percussion - Part 1 (06:04)
- 10Adding Percussion - Part 2 (03:49)
- 11Using Hotswap (02:29)
- 12Bassline (04:10)
- 13Making a Sidechain Track (03:25)
- 14Jamming a Synthpart (03:46)
- 15Using Sends and Returns (05:05)
- 16Making and Using Scenes (04:36)
- 17Making Clip Variations (03:46)
- 18Making Clip Variations with Audio (05:10)
- 19More Clip Variation (02:35)
- 20Longer Clip Envelopes Using Unlink - Part 1 (03:11)
- 21Longer Clip Envelopes Using Unlink - Part 2 (02:40)
- 22Using Audio Loops - Part 1 (03:56)
- 23Using Audio Loops - Part 2 (03:17)
- 24Controlling Live (03:00)
- 25Assigning Your Own Parameters (02:36)
26The Groovepool (05:49)Preview
- 27Building Basic Scenes - Part 1 (03:37)
- 28Building Basic Scenes - Part 2 (02:51)
- 29Jamming Out a Songsketch (04:26)
- 30Arrangment View Functions - Part 1 (03:27)
- 31Arrangment View Functions - Part 2 (04:19)
- 32First Arrangement Edits (04:19)
- 33Adding More Samples - Part 1 (03:44)
- 34Adding More Samples - Part 2 (03:02)
- 35Buildup - Part 1 (04:54)
- 36Buildup - Part 2 (06:42)
- 37Building Towards the Break (04:48)
- 38Creating a Big Break Sound (03:30)
- 39Enter the Break FX (02:38)
- 40The Break! - Part 1 (04:16)
- 41The Break! - Part 2 (01:47)
42Big Break Build Up (03:53)Preview
- 43Big Break Build Up Synth - Part 1 (03:24)
- 44Big Break Build Up Synth - Part 2 (03:23)
- 45Resampling the Synth (04:24)
- 46Final Drop (05:25)
- 47The Classic DAW Approach (06:55)
Olav is my new guru. Brilliant course. Learning so much so quickly. Thanks
i've completed most of the MPV Ableton Live tutorials. This course, along with 402: Producing Techno and House, are the best sets of tutorials for creating a workflow in making electronic dance music. I would recommend this, along with any other of the Ableton Live courses.
This was the third tutorial by Olav that I've watched and I really enjoy his teaching style. He goes slow and gives you enough details so that you can begin working right away.
Wonderful for those switching DAWs and needing to address basic learning curves. Practical and appropriately broken out. Solid!
I just love Olav's tutorial style. Best Live 9 Tutorial yet, complete track, loads of tips and hints and great workflow style.
This guy is great with explaining the details. Great ideas!
Workflow will be effective from now on.This tutorial is by far a must have (35 so far in my queue): clear, effective, inspiring, it defines serious basis and beyond. A good refreshment for any Live user.Do not hesitate, this tutorial, after a year producing, is a solver. I should have bought this one ,as the first option.
Great course. Good workflow starting from the sketch, to session view, up to arrangement. Very good explanation. Thank you, Olav.
One of the most informative courses on EDM, it helps to really understand how to make build ups, drops and cool FX, also many useful tips for ableton live users.
Olav has a gift for teaching, great explanations with steady pace workflow!
Olav Basoski is the man. Super cool, relaxed, and fun, with a refreshingly non-geeky approach to sequencing/electronic music making. Highly recommended. More from Mr Basoski please.
A bit disappointed - this is the exact same course as the Live 8 course of the same name. So there is no coverage of Live 9 features AT ALL. The Live 8 course is great, but... MPV please address this!
Man I loved this course. I've just started out with Ableton and this is the first guy (that I've watched) that really simplified the UI. Ableton isn't as confusing anymore.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- $25 $15/mth
- Stream All 1147 Courses
- Download Single Course