Studio One 104
Mixing and Mastering Toolbox
Gary Hiebner • 26 videos • 161 minutes •
Studio One is a mixing and mastering machine and Gary Hiebner is here to show you all the tools that this Presonus DAW has buried deep in its vast audio toolbox...
“I thought the course was really good, as I am a beginner in mastering and also new to Studio One . The content and course lay out was really easy to follow and understand. Taking this course has tr...”
“Amazing what a great program studio one is, and this definitely helped take my Studio One learning to the next level. Thanks.”
— T Williamson
This course takes you through the final stages of the production process where you learn all about the mix console, setting levels, pro audio processing, automation and side chaining as well as bus compression and very cool bus folders.
Once the track is mixed, Gary sets up a mastering project. This is where all of the songs in your album come together and are fused into a coherent collection. Here you are taken step-by-step through all of Studio One’s mastering plugins. You learn about loudness. You also dive into frequencies and see how to use the very cool Spectral Meter. Gary also explains the all-important mastering plugin chain and how multi-band compressors and limiters are deployed to get that platinum audio sound! This course comes to a conclusion with a section on dithering, burning and sharing your beautifully mixed and mastered tunes!
It’s time to start mixing and mastering with Studio One! Read More...
1Preparing a Song for Mixing (02:15)Preview
- 2Setting Up Markers (05:38)
- 3The Mix Console (11:53)
- 4EQing Tracks (09:10)
- 5Dynamics with Compression (09:31)
6Reverb for Depth (14:18)Preview
- 7Delay and Modulation FX (09:48)
- 8Sidechain Compression (05:40)
- 9Getting Deeper with Automation (08:28)
- 10Bus and Folder Automation (06:18)
- 11Bus Compression on Bus Folders (06:14)
- 12Exporting the Mixdown (02:57)
- 13Setting Up a Mastering Project (04:26)
- 14Editing Songs in the Project (02:45)
15Adjusting Volumes of Tracks (03:16)Preview
- 16Adding Inserts for the Pre, Master and Post (06:16)
- 17Mastering Chain Order (03:38)
- 18Using 'Detect Loudness' (04:51)
- 19The Spectral and Output Meters (11:35)
- 20Using Multiband Compression (08:39)
- 21Limiting Your Tracks (04:27)
- 22Disable Tracks (01:25)
- 23Dithering (03:51)
- 24Burning a CD (02:15)
- 25Images and DDP Explained (04:33)
I thought the course was really good, as I am a beginner in mastering and also new to Studio One . The content and course lay out was really easy to follow and understand. Taking this course has tremendously helped me improve the sound quality of my cd . I highly recommend this to any beginner.
Amazing what a great program studio one is, and this definitely helped take my Studio One learning to the next level. Thanks.
I found that trying to cover both Mixing and Mastering-within one set of tutorials-to be a bit overly ambitious. As a result, Plugins were explained less as they became introduced and other Studio One plugins didn't receive mention. Overall, this was a nice introduction to Mixing and Mastering and a great addition to Studio One's courses.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- Stream All 832 Courses
- Download Single Course