Flash Builder 101
Intro to Flash Builder
Duane Nickull • 22 videos • 57 minutes • No reviews
There’s a lot of excitement around creating apps for mobile and other platforms these days. That’s why we’re pleased to bring you former Adobe Evangelist Duane Nickull to show you how it's done, with Adobe Flash Builder 4.6
When it comes time to debug your app, Duane explains the process so that you’ll know exactly where to look and how to fix it. He also teaches you how to accurately trace problems to their source so you can quickly solve them before releasing your app into the world.
As you approach the end of this introductory course, you’ll have your very first Flash Builder “Hello World” application under your belt! You’ll also know how to export and share it with other developers. But the most exciting part is when Duane shows you how to export your project as an Adobe AIR app which can run on any operating system with Adobe AIR installed!
To learn how to build more complex apps and release them on more platforms, be sure to watch all the courses in our growing Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 series. Read More...
- 1Installing Flash Builder (03:29)
- 2Overview of the IDE (03:19)
- 3Understanding Project Concepts (03:08)
4Starting to Build a Project (03:31)Preview
- 5Adding Logic to your Project (02:06)
- 6Working with MXML and ActionScript (03:09)
- 7Understanding Your Application Code - Part 1 (02:30)
- 8Understanding Your Application Code - Part 2 (03:07)
- 9Differences Between Desktop and Browser Applications (02:02)
- 10Understanding Desktop/AIR Applications (02:05)
- 11Adding Debugging (01:56)
- 12Understanding Access Modifiers (02:04)
13Running the Application in Debug Mode (01:56)Preview
- 14Adding Debugging Scope (04:08)
- 15Adding Functions, Changing the HSlider (02:51)
- 16Changing the Label’s “textSize” (02:11)
- 17Setting Properties in the Design View (01:48)
18Wiring the Logic and Running the Application (01:28)Preview
- 19Exporting and Importing FXP Files (02:31)
- 20Converting the Project from Browser Based to AIR (02:19)
- 21Releasing Your Application (01:41)
- 22Installing and Running your Application (02:42)
Reviews (0)This course does have any reviews yet.
Start learning today with AskVideo
Get instant, full access to this course now! We offer 2 ways to learn.
- Library Access
- Earn Achievements & Badges
- Offline Viewing Available
- Stream All 860 Courses
- Download Single Course